I started writing my blog in 2008. Somewhere around 2010-ish I decided to go global and create a website geared toward everyone. It was my dream to create a resource to help everyone succeed and I had this dreamy notion that since I was in a good place, I wanted to do something to recognize those mentors and positive people who had helped me get there. You know, pay it forward.
By the time I hit 2013, I was burning the wick at both ends and surrounded by lots of sucky people (not all, but lots of users, abusers & negative people). I later realized that the higher you climbed, the larger the target on your back was. There are lots of small and petty people out there who not only perpetuate the negative, but they thrive on it.
After going through an unbelievable low, I’ve had a chance to rebuild and put things back into perspective. Here’s what I learned:
- Life isn’t fair. End of story.
- Forget trying to please everyone and definitely try to forget the notion of ‘correcting’ people when they’re on a drama-stint. It’s a waste of time and honestly, they WANT the drama, not the truth.
- Focus on what is important to YOU. Ignore anything else and absolutely do NOT put ANY energy into any topic/thing/issue that is not important or worthy.
- You do NOT have to accept everyone, or even 90% of the people into your life. They have their own journey & beliefs. Respect them, but do NOT hold them close – let them go!
- No good deed goes unpunished
- Be you. Be comfortable being you. Be comfortable letting others go. Keep your inner circle strong and smile but ignore everyone else.
So what does that have to do with blogging?
Well, I’m BACK! I’ve recreated my website, but this time my Mission Statement is very, very different. This time I’m not going to be everything to everyone. I won’t be revisiting that old mistake and honestly, I’m thrilled that there are people out there that are not for me and I’m not for them. It’s okay that we are different…I respect that and recognize that I am not for everyone. Thank goodness!
So going forward, if you have a great suggestion, please share. If you have criticism, go somewhere else – there are plenty of other people out there who want to engage (it’s not and won’t be me).
Most of the stuff on my website is free. It’s about the lessons I’ve lived, the thoughts I’ve had, the things I’ve learned. This is about MY journey and good or for bad, I embrace it all. That said, if you don’t like it, then please exercise your choice to quietly move on or stay-tuned to see what lessons I learn.
Life is short and I’m choosing to focus on the good things around me – because there are a LOT of good things. I can’t wait to share them!
In the meantime, I wanted to THANK those positive and non-judgmental in my life who make me laugh, smile, teach me lessons, help me see the light and share their own journey’s with me so I can learn from them as well.
Thank you and lets enjoy our future together!